I’ve been keeping a little secret….we LOVE garlic bread in this house, specifically Furlani Garlic Toast! The versatility and subtle garlic flavour of this toast is what I love most about it. Furlani products are vegetarian, so I can feed my family in confidence 🙂
A little backstory for you all: One day I was at home with the kids and I hadn’t gotten a chance to pick up the traditional roti we usually pair with our homemade curries (Hi, my name is Tabassum and I cannot for the life of me make a round soft roti so I gave up for now lol) and my kids were HUNGRY. So I was picking my brain on what vehicle to use with the curry to feed the kids. Then the lightbulb moment happened: I had Furlani Garlic Toast! I quickly popped a few pieces into my oven and within 5 minutes dinner was ready! The kids gobbled up the curry and garlic toast and were really happy doing so may I add!
That night I put the kids to bed and taste tested this out myself…and guys, we have a winner!! The thickness of the bread is perfect to sop up delectable curries and the subtle garlic bread added another element of flavor to overall dish!
And so, ladies and gentleman, I present to you: Fusion Vegetable Curry with a side of Furlani Garlic Toast!
Vegetable Curry Recipe:
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 cups mixed vegetables (I used frozen)
1 medium potato
1 medium onion, diced
1 tomato, chopped
3 garlic cloves, mined
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger 2 tsp garam masala
1⁄2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1⁄2 tsp black pepper
1⁄2 tsp red chilli powder
1⁄2 tsp salt (or to taste)
2 cups vegetable broth
1⁄4 cup cilantro (garnish)
● Add the the vegetable oil to a large pot and place over medium heat
● Sautee the onions for 5 minutes or until golden brown
● Add in the tomatoes, garlic and ginger and cook down until soft or the onion and tomato mixture gets to a paste consistency, stirring periodically
● Add in the spices: salt, garam masala, turmeric, ground coriander, black pepper and chili powder
● Saute for one minute
● Add in the vegetable broth along with the mixed vegetables and the potato
● Stir to incorporate and cook covered or 10 minutes, stirring periodically
● Uncover and mix gently, 5 minutes
● If there is a lot of liquid left, continue to boil on medium head until reduced (curry should
be thick but if you like it one the thinner side, reduce boil time)
● Once the potatoes have softened completely, the curry is complete!
I hope you will try out this vegetable curry recipe with a side of Furlani Garlic Toast! You won’t be disappointed.
Available at the following retailers: Metro, Costco, Sobeys, No Frills, Loblaws, Giant Tiger, Walmart
#MyFurlani #FurlaniRecipes #Garlictoast #garlicbread
Until next time,