The holiday season is coming up and with that comes tasty treats! One of my favorites is banana bread-it never lasts very long in our house-it’s that good! This is an easy recipe that makes a great gift for your neighbors or loved ones! My journey to bake banana bread started as I was inspired by my sister.
The aroma of freshly baked banana bread is unmatched. I would like everyone to experience the joy this banana bread has brought to my family. Here is my recipe:
- 4 over-ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips (1 cup mixed in batter, 0.5 cup saved to be sprinkled on top of loaf before going in oven)
- Optional: can add pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350º. Coat loaf pan with butter and dust with all-purpose flour, being sure to shake out any excess flour. Set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add mashed bananas and beat until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time-fully incorporate after each egg.
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Add baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown and butter knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle, approximately one hour.
Save this recipe, it will come in handy during the holiday season! Once you’ve tasted homemade banana bread, you’ll want to bake it again and again!
Let me know if you try out this recipe! I usually reply to emails within 24 hours 🙂