During both of my pregnancies, I had gestational diabetes, which is a type of diabetes present in some women only during pregnancy. And like any diabetes, gestational diabetes affects how your cells use sugar (glucose). Anyways you can read more about that on my Postpartum Weight Loss Journey blog posts here.
I was diet controlled which meant I didn’t have to take insulin. I really craved and missed high sugar fatty desserts but could not have them due to this issue. So I got creative !!! I made the following:
LOW CARB CHEESECAKE BITES:
- 2 cups blended unsalted mixed nuts
- mixed with 2 tablespoons melted butter and a dash of cinnamon.
The cheesecake portion:
- 1 block of cream cheese,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 Tspn vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- In a food processor, blend the nuts together and add in the butter and mix until combined.
- In a muffin tin, evenly spoon out the nut base and press down with the back of your spoon.
- Pour in the cheesecake mixture evenly throughout muffin pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on counter for at least an hour then refrigerate.
- Top with a mango and blueberry puree.
*Makes approximately 12 bite sized portions.
*Loved these so much AND they didn’t spike my blood sugar…score !